ISES events are a great means to connect and network with other members, learn about the latest in solar energy research and development, industry trends and policies. ISES and its network of Sections around the world, organise events at various levels. Leading scientists, engineers, architects, and representatives from industry and business gather and discuss the latest research results, technological developments and opportunities in solar energy at the following ISES events.
To view events with discounts for ISES members, please log in to this website and the list will be displayed below.
Upcoming ISES Events and ISES Supported Events
13th International Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry
01-04 September 2020
Contact: eurosun [at] ises [dot] org
In September 2020, the International Solar Energy Society is pleased to present EuroSun 2020 - the 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry.
EuroSun 2020 will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts as well as policy makers and industry representatives. The programme will include distinguished keynote speakers in plenary sessions, specialists meetings in breakout sessions and poster exhibitions as well as social events where you will have the opportunity to network, meet old friends and to make new ones.
Call for participation coming soon!
The Solar World Congress at 50
SWC50 - The Century of Solar
02-04 December 2020
Email: swc50 [at] ises [dot] org
In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50), to be held in Melbourne Australia from 2-4 December 2020
The SWC50 highlights the transformation in the global energy sector that has taken place since the first ISES Solar World Congress in 1970 and looks forward to the next 50 years when renewable energy will be the major cornerstone of the global energy system. The Conference will be about the people: researchers, industry players, policy makers, and leaders from NGOs and non-profits who have all contributed to make renewable energy the fastest growing contributor to our global energy supply.
The SWC50 will comprise of:
- A welcome reception the night before the conference;
A conference with invited speakers and panellists who will:
- Look back over the past 50 years of solar energy development – technical and policy;
- Show the link between the scientists/research and industry; and
- Based on this progress and experience, look forward to what is required within the next 50 years to move towards a global 100% Renewable Energy (RE) target.
A display focusing on the stories of solar from the past 50+ years and visions for the next 50 years through the eyes of:
- Institutions (research laboratories and universities);
- NGOs and Non-profit organizations:
- Industry; and
- Individuals being recognised in the exhibition through the Renewable Energy Pioneers display;
- Gala Dinner;
- Tours after the conference; and
- Development of a Commemorative Booklet called The Century of Solar- Stories and Visions for the Future of Renewable Energy.
Stay up to date at the event's homepage www.swc50.org and subscribe to our SWC50 mailing list by sending an email to public [dot] relations [at] ises [dot] org.