What is the International Solar Energy Society, ISES?
ISES, a non-profit UN-accredited membership NGO founded in 1954, has a long history of being the trusted global advisor on renewable energy and this remains its core value.
ISES works to achieve 100% renewable energy for all, used efficiently and wisely.
How can I become an ISES Individual Member?
What are the benefits of becoming an ISES Member?
With your ISES membership...
You join a global organization whose members are advancing scientific breakthroughs and strategies needed for a rapid transition to a 100% renewable energy future.
You will have access to regular news reports and other publications on progress in renewable energy developments worldwide.
You will be eligible for a discounted subscription to the world-renowned peer-reviewed Solar Energy Journal, the leading scientific journal on solar energy.
You will have many opportunities to engage with businesses, professionals, and decision makers through international congresses, regional conferences, ongoing policy and educational programs, and other networking events.
How much does an ISES individual membership cost?
Membership category Annual rate Annual rate*
Student 22 Euro 11 Euro
Professional 45 Euro 23 Euro
Professional silver 200 Euro 100 Euro
Professional gold 1,000 Euro 500 Euro
Annual rate * = annual rate for people residing in lower-income countries
- Reduced registration at ISES events and selected ISES supported events
- Receive ISES Sunburst blog e-mails
- Receive ISES Newsletters (only available to ISES members)
- Discounted prices in ISES online bookshop
- Access to ISES Members directory (only available to ISES members)
- Acknowledgement as a Member in the ISES Members directory (optional)
- Free participation in ISES webinars and ISES Members only access to all webinar presentations as well as a webinar certificates of participation (upon request)
- Free participation in ISES "Members only" webinars! *NEW*
- Opportunity to purchase a listing in the International Experts Network (IEN)
- Opportunity to purchase a discounted subscription to Solar Energy journal (print and/or online)
- Eligible to vote and run for ISES Board of Directors
- Eligible to join ISES divisions and working groups
- ISES notices (press releases, Society news, webinar announcements and other information)
ISES Gold Members are lifetime Members of the International Solar Energy Society, never needing to renew their memberships. Gold Memberships strengthen the Society's financial stability, enabling ISES staff and Members to continue to work to achieve the ISES vision of 100% renewable energy for all, used wisely and efficiently. In addition to the benefits available for all individual members, Gold members receive an extra 10 % discount on all additional services. As a Gold Member you will receive special recognition for your support in the Member Directory, newsletter and on the ISES website. A Gold Membership costs 1000 € (500 € for people residing in lower income countries). To purchase a Gold Membership, log in to your ISES account and click on "Buy Membership" and Select Gold, or create a new ISES account here: https://join.ises.org/
The International Solar Energy Society, ISES, is honoured to present the following distinguished Gold Members (lifetime Members):
Mr. Fai Lam, China
Dr. Juan-Carlos Baltazar, USA
Dr. Binu Parthan, India
Dipl. Ing. Jan Albers, Germany
Mr. Shabbir Hussain, Pakistan
Mr. Stefan Larsson-Mastonstråle, Sweden
Mr. Douglas Danley, United States
Mr. Jiao Qingtai, China
Prof. Frédéric Kuznik, France
Prof. José Domingos Vitória Fernandes, Portugal
Dr. Jan Amaru Palomino Töfflinger, Peru
Mr. Stefan Abrecht, Germany
Dr. Frederick Morse, United States
Mr. Rabindra Kumar Satpathy, India
Prof. William Beckman, United States
Prof. Ricardo Rüther, Brazil
Dr. David S. Renné, United States
Mr. Timothy Maroney, United States
Mr. Robert Foster, United States
Mr. Kuppuswamy Kothandaraman, India
Dr. Thomas Louis, Switzerland
Prof. Aldo Steinfeld, Switzerland
Dr. Olga Shepovalova, Russian Federation
Prof. Klaus Vajen, Germany
Mr. Wolfgang Rosenthal ,Germany
Dr. Ian Maclaine-Cross, Australia
Christian Selene Coria Monroy, Mexico
Mr. Adeolu Olatunde Olusegun, Nigeria
Dr. Hyeongdong Park, Korea, Republic of
Mr. Rainer Hinrichs-Rahlwes, Germany
Dr. Manoj Soni, India
Dr. Gasser Elhussien Hassan, Egypt
Dr. Sebastian Groh, Bangladesh
Dr. Jan Amaru Palomino Töfflinger, Peru
Please note that there are additional Gold Member, who have chosen to remain annonymous. If you are a Gold Member and would like to be listed here, please contact members [at] ises [dot] org.