The International Solar Energy Society e. V. is registered at the District Council of Freiburg, registration No. VR 2739.
The representatives of the non-profit organisation are:
President: Dr. David S. Renné
Vice President: Prof. Sigrid Jannsen
Treasurer: Mr. Geoff Stapleton
VAT Identification No. DE 177 197 424 (international use)
Taxation No. 06470/41456 (for use in Germany only)
Contact persons for the ISES e. V. International Headquarters are:
Executive Secretary: Jennifer McIntosh
All material contained in this site, including graphical elements and images, is, unless stated otherwise, copyright of the International Solar Energy Society e. V. (ISES). All rights reserved. The images, documents and information provided on this website are intended solely for informational and non-commercial purposes.
Images in the header of this website are stock images sourced from Shutterstock, Fotolia or Pixabay.
Unless stated otherwise, the images, documents and information may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the pictures, documents and information. Should you display any images or content originating from this site, they should be attributed to ISES, unless otherwise stated.
This website contains links to many websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. External links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the International Solar Energy Society of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The International Solar Energy Society bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
The contents of papers, presentation and any other content provided to or linked on this website are the sole responsibility of the authors and express the opinion of the authors, and are not necessarily endorsed by the International Solar Energy Society. ISES does not endorse, make any warranty, express or implied, or accept legal liability or responsibility for copyright permission, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately on rights of others.
ISES is committed to ensuring the privacy of our members personal information. All contact data is protected. Personal information supplied to the website is exclusively used by ISES for the purposes specified by ISES. No information supplied is sold or passed onto any organisation outside ISES. We may share information with affiliates including ISES Sections or to members via our member directory for networking and membership purposes. All members can opt out of having their information published in the members directory. ISES does not collect any personal information about users, except that which is knowingly and specifically supplied by the user.
Information we collect
The CMS collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through website analytics.
The types of personal information that the website collects directly from you depends on the content and features you manually input:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational, professional, and other background information, such as field of study, current position, practice and your interests;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a payment date and type.
- Social network information, such as your social media handles;
- Communication preferences, such as e-alerts.
The ISES website also automatically collects information about your use of the website through Google Analytics and/or other analytics programmes, such as:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers;
- Usage data, such as click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the websiteISES ; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device (country and city level).
How we use your information
ISES is committed to deliver a relevant and useful experience to you. To that end we may use your personal information to:
- Provide an ISES Membership Account to you, such as to allow access or delivery and process or fulfill an order or transaction;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of a Membership to make it more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Enhance and improve the ISES Membership Account, Members Area and website, such as add new content and features;
- Notify you about changes or updates and provide you with special offers, promotions, surveys and other information related to the Membership or ISES Account;
- Deliver related promotional campaigns relevant to your interests;
- Provide you with technical, product and other support and help to keep the website working, safe and secure; and
- Identify, analyze and evaluate usage, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Conduct and administer surveys;
- Provide you with relevant special offers, promotions and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as publishers and sponsors; and
- Enhance and improve our products, events and services and develop new ones;
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
Sharing of your information
We share your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete a transaction or provide a service that you have requested or authorized.
We may share your data for to publishers of Journals or Magazines where subscriptions are included in your Membership.
We may need to disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property or safety of ISES, our users, employees or others;
and if ISES is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another organization.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous usage data reports and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
Your ISES account
If you subscribed to the ISES mailing list or have purchased an ISES Membership, a personal ISES account has automatically been created for you on www.join.ises.org. You can sign in with the same credentials to www.ises.org. In your account, you may view and edit your personal data.
You may access your ISES account here: join.ises.org/user. If you have forgotten your password, you may request a new one. For questions regarding your ISES account, please contact members [at] ises [dot] org.
Your choices and communications preferences
You can manage your communications preferences and interests when you purchase an ISES Membership, by updating your account preferences, by using the “opt-in” mechanism.
You may unsubscribe from any of the mailing lists by clicking of the unsubscribe link in the footer of each of the ISES mailings. You may also opt-out by clicking the opt-out link in the footer of each mailing. Please note however, that if you choose to opt-out, you will no longer receive any information regarding your ISES Membership or ISES information.
We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the process whenever necessary.
When you visit the ISES website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. By becoming an ISES member or if you sign up for the ISES mailing list, you consent to receive communications from us electronically via e-mail. You agree that all agreements, notices, invoices, receipts and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Access to, accuracy and deletion of your information
The ISES CMS coupled with the ISES website may allow registered users to access their ISES account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user.
You may also request access to other personal information about you that may be held in the ISES CMS. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
ISES takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
Cross-border transfer of your information
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in servers and facilities located in your region or another country. We take steps to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located.
Cookies in use on this site
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website function cookies
Third party functions
- PR Newswire - View PR Newswire Privacy statement
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
We use: Google Analytics and Google Adwords
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
Page last updated: 03 May 2018