In August 2021, the team at ISES is happy to bring to you not one but two webinars! Learn more about the two webinars below and sign up - ISES webinars are free to everyone.
Webinar 1: Transforming the Transport Sector
This webinar on August 19 is a special follow up webinar to the ISES SWC50 celebration, ISES started in December 2020. SWC50 - a year long virtual event - celebrates the first ever international ISES Solar World Congress which was held in 1970 and the 50 years of solar research and development since.
In this webinar on Transforming the Air, Sea, and Land Freight Transport Sector, we will welcome the following presentations:
- Paulette Middleton (ISES/ASES): SWC50 Introducer
- Hannah Murdock (REN21): Moderator + Global Status of Renewables in Transport
- Tony Wood (Grattan Institute): Land freight and sector implications through transport sector transformations
- Remo Schäppi (ETH Zürich): Solar Fuel Production From Ambient Air in a Modular Solar Concentrator-Reactor System
- Gavin Allwright (International Windship Association, IWSA): Wind Powering Decarbonisation in Shipping
The webinar will last 90 minutes including a dedicated Q/A session for the audience to ask questions. A recording of the webinar as well as the presentations given by the panellists will be made available online.
Webinar 2: Renewable Transformation Challenge 2021
On August 19, join us for this webinar bringing to you all the latest about the 2021 Renewable Transformation Challenge (RTC2021) by ISES and Elsevier.
Following the launch of the RTC2021, we have invited the two previous winners, ME SOLShare Ltd and SUNSPOT, to talk about how their work has developed since they won, and to discuss how the RTC has impacted their work and why they were motivated to apply.
For those interested in applying, Dr. Dave Renné from ISES and Adam Fraser from Elsevier will discuss why the award is important, why we want people/organisations to apply and what applicants should know.
The webinar will last 60 minutes including a dedicated Q/A session for the audience to ask questions. A recording of the webinar as well as the presentations given by the panellists will be made available online.