Guidelines for Submitting Materials
ISES is creating the ISES Online Museum of Solar Energy and is calling for individuals and organizations to submit material for possible inclusion in the museum.
Objective of Museum
The objective of the museum is to provide a permanent online location for materials critical to documenting the development and use of solar energy and highlight current and forward-looking topics.
Target Audience for the Museum
The target audience is the general public interested in learning about solar energy. Materials submitted to the ISES Online Museum of Solar Energy must appeal to this broad audience, aiming at raising awareness of the many aspects of solar energy, what has been achieved historically and what could be achieved in the future.
Material should be submitted to fit one of the following themes which will have their own museum “room”.
- ISES History
- Solar Architecture
- Solar Photovoltaics (PV)- PV Development and Grid Connected
- PV for unelectrified
- Solar Thermal
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)
- Solar Resource Measurements and Assessments
Note: Future calls will be made that will address other topics (broader/cross cutting topics) like the emerging technologies, energy storage.
Materials must be related to the advancement of solar energy around the world.
The material should refer to, but not limited to:
- Significant research breakthroughs;
- Opening of research centres that have a major contribution to solar energy;
- New technologies and innovations;
- New applications/markets including first time installed/initiated; and
- Significant power capacity installed or significant number of systems installed for a country or region.
The material could be in the following formats:
- Brief written articles/stories (word format) preferably including relevant photos (jpeg format) or videos (links only)
- Photos (jpeg format) (5MB maximum)
- Videos (links only)
Written articles should be less than 150 words with the photos and videos contributing to the story.
Material should be submitted with a note indicating:
- Room theme for the material;
- Description of what is in the material; and
- Description of the greater context of the material and why it is important to include it in the museum.
- The submitter must confirm that there are no copyright or permission restrictions on the submitted materials.
- The submitter must also cite sources of any materials if they are not the sole owner of them.
Selection of Material to be Included
Submission of material does not automatically mean that the material will be included in the museum. The material will be reviewed by the Museum Committee in relation to the relevance of the material with respect to the chosen room theme and whether the material will appeal to the general public.