Each year at the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) annual National Solar Conference, ASES presents awards in various categories to outstanding research, technology, policy, education, industry, student and volunteer leaders, nominated by ASES members.
ASES is accepting nominations for the following awards to be presented at SOLAR 2021:
- ASES Fellows: ASES members who have served with distinction in the advancement of solar energy utilization by way of research, education, public service, and/or service to ASES.
- Charles Greeley Abbot Award: Outstanding contributions to the advancement of solar energy through research and development (R&D).
- Hoyt Clarke Hottel Award: Significant contribution(s) to the commercialization of a specific solar energy application, or a tool or tools that enable successful solar energy applications.
- Leadership in Solar Architecture and Design Award: Outstanding contributions related to the use of solar, low-energy and sustainable building design strategies.
- Rebecca Vories Award: Outstanding ASES volunteer who has significantly advanced ASES’ ability to meet its mission.
- John & Barbara Yellott Award: Graduate student with recognized accomplishments concentrating on solar energy in an institution of higher learning.
- Women in Solar Energy Award: Outstanding woman for significant and long-time contributions in solar energy.
- Leadership in Solar Policy and Market Transformation: Demonstration of extraordinary leadership and innovations in solar policy and market transformation crucial to the widespread adoption of solar and renewable energy and the ASES mission.
More detailed descriptions of each award are included on the ASES Awards webpage.
Nominations should be submitted via the nomination form on the awards web page. NOTE THAT THE PROCEDURES, NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS, CRITERIA, AND AWARD ELIGIBILITIES ARE CHANGED FOR THE 2021 AWARDS. All nominations now require a nomination submission and two letters of support. Self-nominations are no longer allowed. All nominations must be made by a current ASES Member and submitted no later than April 15, 2021.