Paulette Middleton, SOLAR 2017 Chair & Co-Chair ASES
For nearly a half century, ASES has organized and delivered the National Solar Conference. What began as an idea to bring pioneering solar thinkers, designers, and researchers together to drive progress and re-imagine the energy path to the future, continues today as a unique blending of science, business, policy, industry and advocacy. While it is now one of many annual conferences in the field, the National Solar Conference remains unique in its delivery of cutting-edge research, trends, analysis and community-building, the likes of which continue to affect the renewable energy landscape in the U.S.
This year over 380 participants came together in an intimately structured setting to review and strengthen:
• Technical and policy pathways to a renewable energy world
• Synergies for diverse advocates and organizations working together
• Effectiveness of community efforts across the country
• Advancements in building design and energy efficiency and
• Education and workforce development innovations
Through a dynamic mix of provocative plenary sessions, interactive forums and technical sessions, and networking events, these key calls to action emerged:
· INFORM policy makers, utility decision makers and general public of the compelling facts and trends about renewables
· BUILD stronger partnerships with other groups and individuals working for a renewable energy world
· SUPPORT programs at the community level
ASES welcomes all professionals and advocates to join in the important work to achieve a renewable energy world for all, used wisely and efficiently, visit ases.org/conference for more detailed information on conference findings, and the wide variety of presentations.
The conference was made possible through the dedication of many partners, sponsors, volunteers, and staff. Thank you all for your important contributions.
Join ASES and be part of the progress.
Donate to ASES programs and initiatives.
ASES is the US Section of the International Solar Energy Society