Contact for specific areas
director [at] ises.org (Executive Secretary)
members [at] ises.org (Membership)
public.relations [at] ises.org (Public Relations / Press)
publications [at] ises.org (Publications / Bookshop)
Interested in visiting ISES?
We welcome you to visit us, we kindly request that you please send us an e-mail or call our office to set up an appointment for a visit.
How to get to Villa Tannheim?
- Take Highway A5 exit Freiburg-Mitte toward Freiburg/ Titisee-Neustadt
- Continue onto B31a
- Take the exit toward Merzhausen, stay on Merzhauser Strasse for 2km
- Turn right to Wiesentalstrasse, the Villa Tannheim will be on your left side (nr. 50)
By train and tram (public transport)
- Take the train to the Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (main station)
- Options: Taxi (about 7 minutes to ISES, costs are about 15 €) or tram
- Tram: Take the tram number 3 (orange, direction: Vauban, leaves every 8 minutes) and get off at “Peter-Thumb-Straße” (19 minutes). Walk in the direction the tram would continue for about 250 meters. Turn right at the first intersection (Wiesentalstr), after about 100 meters the ISES Headquarters is on your left.
- Closest airport is the EuroAirport Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg (use the French passport control side when arriving!). There is a regular shuttle bus to Freiburg from the French side (approx every hour and a half), dropping you off at the main station. If you end up on the Swiss side you can take a train - but it takes much longer.
- Alternatively use the Frankfurt/Main Airport (Germany) or Zürich Airport (Switzerland), or the Stuttgart Airport (Germany) - all of these are between 2-3 hours to Freiburg by car or train.