Brazilian Solar Energy Congress (BSEC)
The Brazilian Solar Energy Congress (Congresso Brasileiro de Energia Solar - CBENS) is the most important technical-scientific event in Brazil in the area of solar energy conversion and other renewable energy technologies. CBENS is the official congress of ISES Section the Brazilian Solar Energy Association (Associação Brasileira de Energia Solar - ABENS), and promotes the meeting of researchers, professors, students, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, traders and other professionals from this field.
Participating in CBENS provides an opportunity to create network with representatives from research financing, metrology, laboratory instrumentation, conversion systems and distributed generation segments and other people who make the development of renewable energies competitive and effective.
In its seventh edition, CBENS will be held in Gramado, Brazil, from April 17 to 20, 2018. In addition to the contributions of scientific and technological works, the event will include lectures, panel discussion sessions, mini-courses and a technology fair. Over 500 people will attend to CBENS, which will have around 200 speakers divided in six oral sessions and another 200 papers to be presented in visual sessions.
The research areas of CBENS are:
- Thermal conversion of solar energy
- Photovoltaic conversion of solar energy
- Meteorological data and instrumentation applied to renewable energies
- Solar energy and the built environment
- Market, public policies and management
- Social, economic and environmental impacts
- Education and training
- Wind and biomass energies and small hydroelectric plants
- Tidal and wave energy and other renewable sources of energy
The official site of the VII CBENS is www.ufrgs.br/cbens2018/en/presentation.
For further information about ABENS, visit www.abens.org.br.